1. The eba stick that doubles as a weapon:
Your mother’s favourite.
2. The iron sponge that is always on the brink of death:
Your only friend when washing that evil pot.
3. The Nylon bag full of even more nylon bags:
For what? Only God knows.
4. The only seasoning that matters:
More important than water sef.
5. The bowl every visitor uses to wash their hand before they eat:
Because God forbid they enter the kitchen to wash their hands.
6. The almighty microwave cover:
Nigerian mothers swore it would prevent cancer.
7. That bowl with a wedding or burial sticker:
If not for Owambes would Nigerians even have kitchen utensils?
8. That handle-less pot that is “older than you”:
You mother had the pot before she had you. Show it respect.
9. The eva bottle filled with palm oil:
The realest oil ever made.
10. The infinite number of unwashable plastic containers:
That stain will NEVER go out.
11. Those plastic covers with their matching bowls nowhere in sight:
Always more covers than actual bowls.
12. The blender that smells like pepper no matter how much you wash it:
Can even try and blend anything else without tasting pepper.
13. The morning fresh that is more water than actual morning fresh:
It always lasts longer than it has any right to.
14. The ice-cream bowl full of disappointment:
It will never not hurt,
15. The “there is rice at home” bag of rice:
How rice is not on the Nigerian flag is beyond us.