Today’s Abroad Life is about Alafia Olutimehin (Aly), a 24-year-old consultant living in America. She went to uni in North Carolina with the belief she’d return to Lagos to work after school. Nigeria changed, she changed and one one lunch granted her access to working in corporate America. Here’s how it happened: When did you […]
*Pretends to know what Q-basic is*
“One of the things I love about England … it just works”
Hmm… I don’t know who to point this finger at; whether the government, a certain cabal of people, the weather? But something is happening in Nigeria and … Let’s take a look at the issues. First, why do journalists keep getting arrested? Not even funny, but someone appears to be attempting the DMX challenge with […]
In case you missed it, Nigerians are now required to walk around with a valid means of identification to avoid being apprehended by the Nigerian military as suspects of kidnapping, banditry, armed robbery, ethnic militia, or any other criminal activity in the country. Apparently, this “Operation Positive Identification (OPI)” by the Nigerian military has been […]
“No one knows, but it’s provocative.”
“This level of rest of mind is unmatched”
Traffic offenders are a menace on Lagos roads, oftentimes ignoring traffic rules at the detriment of other road users. Mostly, the offenders are okada riders and commercial bus drivers; sometimes even individuals, who should obviously know better, opt for the dare devil disregard of these laws as well. However, as we all know, everyday for […]
wherever you are
Zikoko amplifies African youth culture by curating and creating smart and joyful content for young Africans and the world.
Stories you love and more
Original Zikoko videos
Discover more of Zikoko here
- Naira Life
- NYSC Diary
- NYSC Diary Day 8: What Do You Do During A Man O’ War Drill?
- NYSC Diary Day 7: What Is SAED And Why Is It Pronounced ‘Saheed’?
- NYSC Diary Day 6: How Soon Is Too Early To Want To Leave Camp?
- NYSC Diary Day 5: What Did You Hear About Platoons?
- NYSC Diary Day 4: Camp, The Place Lectures Come Alive
- NYSC Diary Day 3: In Camp, You Meet People From Different Worlds
- NYSC Diary Day 2: Shame Dies In Camp
- NYSC Diary: What To Expect When You’re Posted To Borno