There’s a way to avoid a problem if you identify it early. If you date some Nigerian men though, sometimes the problem can be confused with romance. How then do you prevent entering that kind of trap?
Watch out for these signs.
1. He likes home-cooked food but he cannot cook.
Listen to me, if you proceed with that relationship, prepare to start your own food channel because you will cook tire.
2. He wants to know your body count.
The question is why? What does he need that information for?
3. He likes feminism oh, but he thinks you should tone it down.
I’m not wishing you bad oh, but hmmmm.
4. He likes your size oh, but he wants you to ‘slim down small.’
Na from clap dance dey start. Just so you know.
5. He is a ‘spiri-koko.’
Spiritual is different from Spiri-koko. If you can’t tell the difference between both, then I’m sorry.
6. He always wants to know where you are.
It will look like love and accountability at first. But accountability is different from monitoring. Learn it now before it’s too late.
7. He is always making comments about the amount of male attention you receive.
He is caring, abi? Wait until you see that jealousy is different from being caring.
8. He believes in the concept of the ‘traditional woman.’
If you are a traditional woman, feel free to stay oh. But if you know you are not, nne, run and let your leg touch the back of your head.
9. Like play, like play, he’s always hinting at beating you.
“Is it me you’re talking to like that? Am I your mate? I’ll slap you oh.”
Omoge, one day will be one day when fish will swallow Jonah and the wall of Jericho will fall. Biko, run now before it will happen.
10. His friends always disrespect babes in your presence.
Who is to say they are not disrespecting you when you are not there? Disrespect is like party pack. Everybody must surely collect it. Time of serving can just be different.
11. He says things like this:
ANY WOMAN THAT I WANT TO MARRY MUST, FIRST OF ALL, STAY WITH MY MUM FOR 6 MONTHS/1 YEAR SO THAT MY MUM CAN TRAIN HER AND LET HER KNOW HOW TO TAKE CARE OF ME.
12. He belongs to Twitter for Violence.
Any small thing, I’m here for the violence. Yes, there are times we choose violence, but if that is all he uses his Twitter account for, my dear you have your answer.
13. He believes that even though you both marry, you are still not 100% his family.
May you not marry a man that will not consider you family. Amen, sis?
Help Zikoko keep making the content you love
More than ever, people are turning to Zikoko for stories that matter and content they love. But still, we, like many media organisations, are feeling the financial heat of these times. If you find us valuable, please make a contribution to help keep Zikoko zikoko-ing.
Thank you for your support.
We are also cool with Crypto.