These Kids Are Getting A New Lease on Life And We Absolutely Love it
Because children deserve the very best!
Written By:Stanbic IBTC
Last Updated September 23, 2016
Share this story
Children of all ages deserve to live their very best lives, regardless of any challenges they have; physical or otherwise. This is why STANBIC IBTC has the “Together For A Limb” annual initiative, to support children who have had their limbs amputated as a result of accidents, diseases or bomb blasts, by providing them with fitted artificial limbs.
1. This adorable little boy’s parents were unable to afford the expensive but necessary prosthetics he really needed. Now, look at him go!
2. Here are some of the kids learning to move with their new prostheses. It’s a slow, sometimes difficult process but these children are determined and they are doing very well!
3. A keke driver crushed Usman’s foot and part of his leg. But now, look at this adorable little footballer!
4. 3 year old Chinonye was born with a birth defect on her right leg and that made fitting in at school difficult. Now it’s different! She looks ready to take on the world!
5. Goni was gunned down in Maiduguri and was so badly injured, his leg had to be amputated. Now, he’s moving!
Here is a video showing the difference the much needed prosthetics makes in these kids lives.
In addition to providing them with much needed prosthetic limbs, STANBIC IBTC also provides some of the children with educational trust funds to ensure they get an excellent education and have the opportunity to be the very best they can be.
The next drive for “Together With A Limb” is happening on September 24, 2016 and it promises to be an amazing and rewarding experience.