1. Saturdays that come with Owambes
Like 4 or 5 weddings is very alright.
2. A gallon of palm oil in their soup.
Just because they can.
3. Shouting at everything and shouting at nothing
Because the whole neighbourhood must know they’re around.
4. Gosip, gossip and more gossip.
They come alive when it’s gossip-time.
5. Pricing things and generally disturbing traders
Yoruba mothers will price from N1000 to N100. Kuku carry it for free.
6. Disturbing all the single ladies
Immediately after NYSC, just submit your potential husband list.
7. Using body language
If you understand, you understand.
8. Exaggerating everything possible
Yoruba mothers will add spice, pepper and oil to the original gist.
9. When you kneel down to greet your Yoruba mom’s friends, she’s like:
Because you have proven she taught you home training.
10. Yoruba mothers and Whatsapp broadcast messages
Somebody, please seize their phones.
11. When Yoruba mothers realize Whatsapp is not free
12. When you now bring a spouse that is actually Yoruba