Short of gifting them a Benz, birthday messages are one of the most thoughtful things you can send a friend. Who wouldn’t love reading sweet nothings on their special day?
Since you’re here, you probably need some help crafting the best heartfelt message for your bestie. We got you. So, whether your friend is 30+ or Gen Z, or you just want to send something funny, you’ll find these sample birthday messages useful.
Birthday messages for your bestie
Image: Zikoko memes
They already know everything about you, so it may be hard to impress them. But, take it from us, your best friend would love these:
- Thank you for being the best thing that’s happened to me since jollof rice was invented. Happy birthday!
- I hope you find money on the floor today. And not turn to yam, of course. Happy birthday!
- Happy birthday to you! I’d give you the finest things on earth, but you already have me. Lucky you.
- When I count my blessings, I count you twice. Thank you for being the best bestie ever. Happy birthday!
- Have an amazing year. May you continue to age with flawless skin.
- For your birthday today, I promise to start listening and taking your advice at least 5% of the time.
- You survived another year of being my best friend. Congratulations on your achievement.
- There are friends, and there are fake friends. Thankfully, you’re neither because you’re my bestie. Happy birthday.
- I’d spoil you today, but we both my account just laughed in disbelief. Happy birthday, bestie.
I love how you always have my back. You’re the best, and I wish you a birthday as amazing as you are.
Birthday messages a Gen Z would love
Image: Zikoko memes
Is a Gen Z-inspired birthday message complete without the lingo? These messages will automatically put you into the good graces of your Gen Z friend.
- It’s giving a new age! Happy birthday, boo.
- Not gonna lie, the world doesn’t deserve your awesomeness. Yet, you give it so freely— a gracious queen.
- The littest person in the world was born today, and that’s on period. Happy birthday.
- The fact that I get to celebrate you on this day honestly gives me life in more ways than one. Happy birthday.
- Here’s an annual reminder that you’re the best to ever do it. You snatch wigs for a living, and there’s no one like you. Happy birthday.
- It’s literally your birthday! You’ve slayed all year round, and I can’t wait to see how you shine even more.
- You’re literally the coolest person I know. Happy birthday.
- I stan a one-year-older king/queen.
- Happy birthday, boo. You’re the most amazing person I know, and that’s on Sola Sobowale’s left knee.
- Damn, you’re actually getting older. What next, back pain?
Birthday messages for your 30+ friend
Yes, because even 30+ people need love too, and you don’t want to send something less than perfect. Trust me, they’ll know.
- You’re like fine wine. You keep getting better in age. Cheers to a fantastic year.
- Sure, you’re getting old, but who’s counting? Happy birthday.
- Happy birthday! I wish you an amazing day. I’d say break a leg, but you’re already managing back pain.
- You’ve earned the right to say stuff like, “What an elder sees sitting down…” Congratulations on your old age!
- At this rate, we will need to start buying candles in their cartons if we’re using your age to count. Cheers on your birthday.
- I wanted to send you a meme, but I don’t have the strength to explain its meaning. Happy birthday to you.
- Don’t think of your age as “getting old”; think of it as becoming a classic. Everyone loves classics.
- Happy birthday. If anyone’s encouraging you to do drinks or party today, they’re your village people. Avoid them.
- I wanted to get you a gift, but they were all sold out of pots and vacuum cleaners. This is much better. Happy birthday!
- Life is short, so smile while you still have teeth. Seriously. You may not have it for much longer.
Funny birthday messages for your partner in crime
Image: Zikoko memes
Only your fellow troublesome friends will appreciate these birthday messages.
- I would live an incredibly boring life if your parents didn’t choose to bring you into this world. Happy birthday.
- I just sent you dollars …. is what I thought I’d tell you today, but we thank God for life.
- May your next birthday not meet you in Nigeria. And everyone said, “Amen”
- There are millions of people who share the same birthday with you. Just in case you’re feeling too special. I still like you like that sha.
- You’re one year older! I’d say “One year wiser”, too, but that’s debatable.
- Happy “womb escape”. Cheers on being the sperm that survived.
- You know all my secrets, so I have to be nice to you. Happy birthday!
Heartfelt birthday messages that might jerk a tear or two
Image: Zikoko memes
So they can cry and forget that you didn’t send them a gift.
- You’re the brightest light in my life. Keep shining on your birthday!
- If it were up to me, today would be a public holiday. But wetin we go do? I celebrate you every day, but especially today. Happy birthday.
- Don’t tell anyone, but you mean more to me than small chops. Happy birthday.
- Happy birthday! I hope you know how much you’re loved today. Thank you for being my best friend.
- I may not be a baller, but your friendship is easily the most expensive thing I own. Happy birthday.
- It’s your birthday, but I’m the one who feels like I’ve been given a gift. Your friendship is a gift, and I hope never to take it for granted. I love you.
Birthday messages for your unserious friend
Because we all have one or two in our corner.
- May this be the year you eventually have sense.
- Eat as you like today. Calories don’t count on birthdays.
- Happy birthday! Let’s hope you’ll stop shouting “Up Nepa” this year.
- Very soon, you’ll get married and have kids. I pity your family in advance.
- I’d say, “Slap a soldier today”, but we both know you’ll actually do it. Please, don’t.