We get it. Your voice is sweet. When you sing, people start crying. Your pastor said you’re destined for greatness because you drove the congregation mad during praise and worship. But is your voice making you money? That is the important question. If it’s not, you’re wasting it. Here are 5 ways you can use your voice to blow.
1. Beg radio stations to play your song.
Why are you wasting your voice in the shower when you can record a track and beg them to play it on the radio?
2. Join your church choir.
You never know when somebody in the congregation is looking for musical talent. Maybe they will hear your voice and fall in love.
3. Sing at the bus stop.
Pick the nearest busiest bus stop like Oshodi. Sing like your life depended on it. Your Just make sure they don’t think you’re mad and carry you.
4. Just be signing randomly
Seriously. Bus, mosque, road, mall, school, toilet. Just sing. Maybe someone will overhear you and sign you up.
5. Audition for The Voice Nigeria
Instead of stressing yourself/disgracing yourself and your family with any of the above, you could just audition for The Voice Nigeria, back bigger and better for a third season. Rather than singing in the shower, put your sonorous voice to good use. Audition to be a part of The Voice Nigeria by doing the following:
- Record a 1-minute video of yourself singing without any tune, beat or autotune. Make sure your video is in the MP4 format and less than 10MB.
- Visit www.thevoicenigeria.com to register. Click on submit entry and fill in your First Bank account number. If you don’t have one, dial *894*0# to open one.
- Fill the form and upload your recorded video.
Hurry and send in your audition before it closes, or else you’ll be back to singing at the bus stop.