Is your sweet potato pottage even yummy if you didn’t cook it Ilorin-style? We guess not – which is why we’re sharing this delicious, easy-to-prepare original recipe from Kwara, the home of sweet potatoes in Nigeria.
The ingredients for this meal are:
1. First, wash and chop all your vegetables. Also, blend the chilli peppers and tomatoes, set this aside and get to cooking your potatoes.
2. Put the cubed sweet potatoes in a pot then add your shredded fish, crayfish, chopped pepper, onions and meat stock – let this cook on low heat for 25 minutes.
3. In a separate sauce pan, heat up palm oil and fry the blended pepper mix for 8 minutes. Season the sauce with the most important ingredients of the day- Maggi Crayfish cubes and Maggi star cubes.
4. Pour the stew into the pot of potatoes, stir properly and mash some of the potatoes to thicken up the pottage.
5. After tasting for salt, add the spinach and spring onions. Let it cook for 5 minutes and your meal is ready!
6. Just look at this beauty!
Want to see how this meal preparation went down? Check out the recipe in the video below:
If you like Nigerian meals like we do, then be sure to check out Delicious Naija, from Maggi Nigeria.
Make sure to look out for the ‘Delicious Naija’ show at these times on your TV: 7:30 pm, Friday on Arewa24, 7:30 pm, Saturday on Africa Magic (Family) , 5 pm, Sunday on NTA, OR just watch it online right now!