1. Regina AskiaOne time Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria, Regina Askia successfully transitioned from modelling to acting and gave us breath taking performances in movies like Full Moon and Most Wanted. We found out that she got married, moved to America with her family and is now a registered nurse.
2. Susan PatrickSusan Patrick lit our screens up when she played the title role in “Sakobi the Girl”. She was one of the Nollywood A-listers in her day but her career kind of went off track when her husband died in 2006. She tried breaking back into the industry later on but just couldn’t. Sad.
3. Sandra AchumsSandra was a legit leading lady in the 1990’s starring in hits like Domitilla, Deadly Affair and Ashanti (LOL!). We found out that she gave up the up the life of fame for matrimony and now only pops up in the news when she’s having a new baby.
4. Ernest ObiErnest Obi was an actor and sometimes director known for movies like Love Crime, Daytime Lovers and Italian Deal. He suddenly vanished from the public eye and we found out that things haven’t been so rosy for him. APPARENTLY, his ex-wife accused him of impregnating his step-daughter several times and subjecting her to countless abortions. WHAT THE HELL FAM?!!!!!!!!!!!
5. Saint ObiThe dictionary definition of Nollywood leading man, Saint Obi was on all our screens playing leading roles in movies like Candle Light and Sakobi the Snake Girl. We all thought he quit the business when he stopped showing up in movies but he said himself that he was still active. When asked why he wasn’t in anything recent, he said that even though he gets a lot of movie role offers, he turns them down because of their quality. We’re not saying that it’s a lie but we’re saying that it sounds LIKE a lie.
6. Charles OkaforKnown for movies like Sting, World of Riches and End of The Wicked, Charles Okafor was a major presence in Nollywood but has been in anything in recent times. When asked why, he said that he has found Jesus and therefore can’t just be in any script that doesn’t give a positive message. We hope he’s happy.
7. Shan GeorgeLight skinned beauty, Shan George was known for movies like Outkast (that was really infamous for all its nudity), Thorns of Rose and Welcome to Nollywood. After an attempt at a music career (remember that her abomination of a song? LOL!) she attempted to make a comeback by starring in a terrible movie named “Prada” about female footballers that was so terrible NO ONE saw it in cinemas so they sold it to Silverbird who broke it down into episodes and tried to pass it off as a series. It was still terrible.
8. Eucharia Anunobi
Who could possibly forget fabulous Eucharia and her batshit crazy fashion sense (remember her makeup and eyebrows?! LOL)? She was fabulous in movies like Abuja Connection, Dorathy My Love and Glamour Girls. Eucharia left the movie business to become an Evangelist. The only thing funny about this is that she still makes up like an ancient chinese demon. LOL!