1. When the hairdresser takes forever to startNobody has time to waste o.
2. Then she finally starts after keeping you waiting for a long time but you still know you’ll be spending the whole dayIt better be worth it.
3. When someone else comes to join her and they start pulling your hair in two different directionsWhat is this tug of war now?
4. And your hair hurts a lot and you have to hold back the tearsBecause big girls don’t cry.
5. So you stylishly feel around and you realise you still have a long way to go.Is this even life?
6. Then when you finally think you have have two plaits left, she splits It into ten plaitsWhat is this multiplication miracle now?
7. But you finally finish and remember that the hair has to be dipped in boiling waterWahala.
8. Then you look in the mirror and see your amazing braidsPerhaps it was worth the struggle.
9. Then the tightness and soreness sets inCan’t even pack the hair up.
10. Then random people start to touch your hairTalking about ‘it’s fine’, abeg.
11. And you have to keep telling people not to touchIs it your hair?!
12. And your braids start to fall outAlready?
13. And then it’s time to take them outDouble wahala.
14. Then you start to miss them