We all tried to come first at some point in our lives. Sometimes we hit gold, and sometimes, we simply hit nothing. This post is an ode to the attempts we made and the results that came out of it.
1. First position is a very good thing, yes.
So good, that a lot of parents felt you had to come first. It would prove that the money they were spending on you was not a waste; it would also prove that the person always coming first did not have two heads.
2. Not that first position really mattered to you, but your parents have made it seem important.
And then you start to feel like you had to come first by force by fire. Even though you know, deep down, that you only just want to read and pass in peace and not have to compete blindly. But your parents have said it, so…
3. Then the competition begins.
Spying on the person, trying to see just what they are doing to make them come first, and maybe their parents are doing charm for them or something.
4. Sometimes, you even fake friendships with them.
But you know, deep down, what you are after.
5. Exam approaches and you read like fire.
First position must first position, yunno.
6. But result comes out and you don’t come first.
Your teary salute of respect to the person who has been coming first.
7. As you, you have decided to rest, because you cannot kill yourself.
Or maybe put in more effort, because you have now awoken a spirit of competition. Life goes on all the same.