Nigerians and Africans in general are Kings of dance and groovy music. Here are 7 times Nigerian music gained note worthy international exposure:
1. When D’banj showed the world that Nigerian music can be jammed to, by any and everybody, with his Oliver Twist song.
The song topped UK music charts
in 2012 and is still relevant till date.
2. In 2013, three African ladies, CEO dancers, took Nigerian dance to the UK at the Britain’s got talent competition.
3. When Alicia keys and Swizz Beatz grooved to Wizkid’s Ojuelegba in 2015.
4. When Wizkid and Chris Brown performed together in South Africa in 2015.
Showing us serious awesomeness.
5. When Jermaine Jackson commended P-Square for their Micheal Jackson tribute song, Personally.
6. Missy Elliot really felt the Shoki dance and just had to do it in her comeback song of 2015.
7. And when her dancers choreographed to Olamide’s Shakitibobo.
We hope Nigerian artists get inspired and we look forward to more internationally exposed Nigerian songs.
You'll Like This
When they eat the food you’ve been dreaming of eating.
When someone asks you to work for free.
Petrol is now 145 Naira per litre!
Variety, they say, is the spice of life.
Nothing wrong with a little upgrade, right?
You know the cons. You might as well know the pros.
For the shy ones among us who need a little help.
Having a 9 to 5 isn’t easy.
You thought it was all about your salary, didn’t you?
wherever you are
Zikoko amplifies African youth culture by curating
and creating smart and joyful content for young
Africans and the world.