Garri combinations. 😋
Over the years, there has been a smear campaign created with the sole purpose of tagging garri as the food of the poor. After my foray into the world of garri delicacies these last few months, I can confidently look the people who started this campaign in the eye and say, “C’mon, don’t gimme that stuff!”
You guys, garri is amazing. It is the food of the gods. It is ambrosia brought down to mortals by someone who somehow made their way into Olympus and made away with the recipe. Someone who is probably now being eternally punished for it.
To prove that garri is heavenly, here are 5 garri combinations that’ll give your taste buds (and digestive system) the jump-start it needs.
1) Garri and Milo
YES HUNNY! Anyone who spent time in a secondary school boarding will be familiar with this gourmet dish. All my boarding school people in the house say, “AYYYYYYE!!!”.
2) Garri and Honey
DELISH! I know. Good honey is pretty pricey. But this is something you could have as a treat for when you want to reward yourself for something. Some people reward themselves with copious amounts of alcohol, and you have garri and honey.
3) Garri and Coconut Shavings
F&$K YES! There’s something about nature’s mysterious fruit that just goes perfectly with garri. Have it as an appetizer and/or the main course. It’s perfect for either.
4) Garri and Fruit-flavoured Milk
UGH! You will gag for the first few seconds. But as soon as you get used to the taste of garri-tinged, fruit-flavoured vomit, you’re good to go!
5) Garri and Coffee
YASSSSS! If you want your stomach uncomfortably full and you also don’t feel like sleeping for some reason, this is the garri combination for you. Just mix your garri the normal way and then add 2 to 8 heaped tablespoons of coffee. It won’t take long before you feel the kick.
BONUS GARRI RECIPE: Garri Cake!
- 2 cups of dry garri
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 100g Butter
- 11⁄3 cup of powdered milk
- 1 cup of chocolate powder
- Add a little water to your dry garri, to make a paste.
- Add sugar and butter to the garri paste. Mix until it has a smooth consistency.
- In a separate bowl, add milk, chocolate powder, groundnut and sugar. Mix till a fine mixture is achieved.
- Add your chocolate mix to the garri mixture, mixing as you add them.
- Whisk for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Cut the dough in small-sized pieces and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Served chilled and enjoy.
Try this out today. Your anus will thank you.