1. The Nigerian uncle starter pack:
Can’t even argue.
2. When you have to talk to him on the phone.
3. “You know I was there when your mummy gave birth to you.”
4. When he says “the last time I saw you, you were a baby,” but still asks if you remember him.
Is this a rhetorical question?
5. When he comes to visit and turns you into house-help.
See my life.
6. When he swears he knows the most about football.
We’ve heard you.
7. “So, did your mummy cook?”
Just like that?
8. Whenever you don’t greet him properly.
Ah! No vex.
9. Whenever he brings up the marriage topic around you.
Free me oh.
10. When he promises you something but then acts brand new the next time you see each other.
11. When he cracks a dry joke, but you’re broke so you have to laugh.
*Laughs in empty bank account*
12. When he says “you don’t call me” or “I’ve been trying your number.”
13. When he starts an argument about politics.
Not me and you, abeg.
14. “You’re now big oh. Turn around let me see you well.”
So that what?
15. That legendary goodbye handshake.
You’re the best.
You'll Like This
Gather round, elders. It’s time to feel like kids again.
We fat people are tired of your skinny shenanigans!
Variety, they say, is the spice of life.
Nothing wrong with a little upgrade, right?
You know the cons. You might as well know the pros.
For the shy ones among us who need a little help.
Having a 9 to 5 isn’t easy.
You thought it was all about your salary, didn’t you?
wherever you are
Zikoko amplifies African youth culture by curating
and creating smart and joyful content for young
Africans and the world.