1. When the symptoms start appearing and you already know what’s coming.It has started.
2. When the doctor just assumes it’s malaria that is doing you, because it usually is.It is not your fault sha.
3. You, trying to find where your appetite disappeared to.I don’t even remember I’m supposed to be hungry.
4. When that bitterness hits your tongue and everything you eat tastes like suffering and regret.What is this level of suffering?
5. When you remember those days of chloroquin and quinine and just thank God that struggle is over.Those days were the WORST!
6. When you start remembering when you were actually well and how you didn’t appreciate it.The good ol’ days.
7. When you think you’ll at least lose small weight but your scale is just looking at you like:Keep dreaming.
8. When you take antibiotics and everything from your sweat to your soul starts smelling like it.You and everything you touch will now be smelling like sickness
9. When the malaria is at its worst and all your dreams become like Nollywood horror films.
I can’t sleep again.