Very few games brought Nigerians together (and inadvertently tore them apart) as much as WHOT — the card game that saw best friends betraying each other for the chance to shout “CHECK UP” first.
Here are 13 things you’ll get if you were ever obsessed with it:
1. When the person shuffling the cards thinks they are in a Vegas casino.
Baba hurry up, abeg.
2. The joy of picking up your cards and seeing:
3. How you feel when you give everybody general market:
Go and pick jor.
4. When you drop that pick 2 like a boss and chop pick 4 back.
5. You, when your best friend hits you with pick 3:
Are we not friends again?
6. You, trying to remember which card is “hold on” and which one is “suspension”.
1 abi 8? Till today, it still confuses me.
7. When someone spoils your “I need…”
What the hell?
8. When you play the wrong card and they pack general market and give you.
Is it fair?
9. How you look at people that say “demi-semi-last card”:
10. Your face, whenever someone plays star:
Nobody ever has that card, abeg.
11. How everyone looks at you when you say “last card”:
All the pick 2s’ and pick 3s’ will start appearing. Evil people.
12. How you feel the moment you say “check up”.
13. When you check up first and you’re waiting for everyone else to finish.
You people should do and finish.