Seeing as we’re in the Digital Age, it is no surprise that more artists are embracing digital tools to explore their creative process. That is not to say the tradtional medium doesn’t still bang.
On that note, if you’re a digital artist, we can bet our five fingers that you will identify with more than one of the things below.
1. People coming to you for free art
They see how awesome your art is, and want something similar for themselves but expect you to work for free. When you protest, they offer you publicity or whine about your fees being exorbitant and how they know someone who can do it cheaper. Ehn go and meet them nau.
2. Creative ideas swimming in your head
Call it the creative’s curse or blessing depending on how you look at it. There’s always one new creative concept or the other, some so urgent that they wake you up at odd hours.
3. Obsession with digital tools and softwares
Since your work is largely dependent digital tools, there is a likelihood for you to get obsessed with the next cool thing. After all, it’s for the sake of efficiency. Your room would probably look like this.
4. The fulfillment that comes from your completed work
Nothing beats that feeling of working on a particular art project for hours, days, or even weeks and seeing how lit the end result is. It even slaps more when other people genuinely give you feedback like “You sabi work” and “burst brain”.
5. You see the big picture – even when others don’t
There are some big ideas or concepts whose end results which you can envision in your mind’s eye, but others might not relate. Some will laugh or call you crazy, don’t mind them jare. Carry on.
(Preferred image will be here)
Follow these steps to participate:
- No matter where we are from, we are all human
- Everyone should be free to express themselves
- All genders are equal
- Everyone deserves to feel safe
- Everyone deserves an opportunity to
- Choose one of Abolut’s 5 brand beliefs listed above
- Download the Absolut bottle outline and brand logo tagline here (link here)
- Create your vision of a better Nigeria using your selected brand belief and incorporate the Absolut bottle outline.
- Visit the www.absolutcreator.ng to sign up and submit your artwork.
- Enter your name, email address and relevant social media handles in the submission box.
- Finally – Upload your design or artwork and click on ‘submit’.