If you attended secondary school in Nigeria, then you remember what a big deal inter-house sports were. From the houses to the glucose, here are 11 things that will take you right back to simpler times.
1. Every Nigerian’s first introduction to crack:
Who wasn’t addicted to glucose?
2. When the headmaster announces that there will be no classes.
The best part of the whole thing.
3. The house that always lost:
Yellow House could never win.
4. The house that always won:
Red House had all the best athletes.
5. The house that always had the most fun:
Blue House had all the cool kids.
6. When they start looking for people to do march past.
7. The only drink we recognised:
Everyone who liked this is now an alcoholic.
8. How they pick the kings and queens of march past:
Ugly people deserve love too.
9. How you perform when you crush is watching you:
You suddenly found energy out of nowhere.
10. Everyone gathering to watch the 100m senior boys race:
The main event.
11. You, when your house wins even though you didn’t participate:
I’m so proud of us all.