Like the chicken and the egg, the question of what comes first between cereal and milk will forever be debatable. But beyond that like with everything Nigerian, Nigerians can be extra af about how they eat their cereal. We asked 9 Nigerians to tell us about it and we got some weird answers.
- I can’t eat any cereal without hot water. I don’t even care, especially golden morn the only way to eat it is with hot water. If Garri didn’t turn into eba when you put hot water that’s how I’d drink it too. – Rachel
- I don’t think I have any particular preferences. Na anyhow I dey chop cereal. I like it with plenty sugar sha, but not too much milk. I used to take a lot of milk and then I turned 22 and became lactose intolerant. But once in a while, I eat it like that because something must kill a man. – Segun
- First of all, I’ll like to state for the record that the milk goes first and anyone who does otherwise is not really ok. The only way I can eat cereal is if the water is ice-cold. Lik, when you can see ice block that kind of thing. If there’s ice block in the freezer I’ll put it too. – Tayo
- I like to put just a bit of coffee in my cornflakes every morning. It gives it a very nice kick. – Ronke
- Just forget milk completely, cereal and milk is actually very overrated. If you want to use enjoyment to kill yourself put milo instead of milk. See ehn Milo and golden morn is what they serve in heaven. – Richard
- I can’t eat cereal if the milk in it isn’t thick like ogi. I can put like three big spoons of milk and a drop of water. Sometimes I even use yoghurt instead of milk. But obviously because of the way I take milk I don’t eat cereal when owu is blowing. – Tolani
- The best way to eat cereal is to put milk and let it soak properly. Some people might think I’m mad but when it’s very soggy and wet that’s the best time to eat cereal. – Charles