Igbo Nigerians like to do things the “Igbo way”. It’s like sometime way back Igbo people held a meeting and made a checklist for being Igbo. So asides the obvious tradition being upheld there is also a culture that comes with being Igbo. Here are 5 things every Igbo Nigerian has done, will do, or will keep doing.
1. Born with a name from this list.
And a befitting Igbo middle name that talks about how much of a gift you are from God.
2. Seminary secondary school for the boys and convents for the girls.
You can freestyle with primary school but by secondary school you better get to business.
3. If you still found a way to miss that train then you find your way to good university in the east.
Your options are Unizik, UNN, or FUTO.
4. Find your way to the village every Christmas, and for every wedding and burial.
And come with your car please. How else will you get to all the Nkwobi joints?
5. When you are ready to settle down find yourself a partner from your state.
Especially if you are from Anambra, it’s in a constitution somewhere.
And here’s the tea on what dating an Igbo man is like.