Linkedin is one of the prominent social networking websites designed for working professionals, and because of its uses and purposes, everything is different on there. If you have an active account and actually use it, this post is for you.
1. You, trying to figure out how Linkedin works when you first created your account
What’s a first connection? What’s the Inmail? And why is setting up a profile so stressful?
2. But you didn’t, so you thought you were done with it
3. When you realise that you are a working adult and need to have one
4. You, wondering why everyone is so polite in the comments
But I know this person’s brand on Twitter and it’s not this cool
5. When you realise how great it is for stalking people
I have a new co-worker. Let’s see how good their professional history looks
6. But you also find out that people get a notification when you open their profiles
7. When someone you don’t know send you a connection request
If you’re not a recruiter, please go away!
8. You, every time someone visits your profile
Look at me. I’m so popular.
9. When a friend endorses you for a skill both of you know you don’t have
10. You, waiting for that dream job everyone says you will get on Linkedin
11. When you realise that you’re spending more time on Linkedin than any other social app
Is this what being a grown-up means?
12. You, when you get an email to upgrade your membership
Come and steal it now.
13. When a recruiter reaches out to you to pitch you a job
I’m big-shot now.