There’s always that one funny friend in the group. There is never a dull moment whenever they are around because they always seem to know the right thing to say and can lighten up every dark moment. If you’re the funny friend, you’ll understand the good side (and the bad side) of being the funny friend.
The Good Side
1. Everyone loves your company.
Your friends look at you as the life of the party. They always want you with them, because with you there is no dull moment whatsoever. Just fun and even more fun.
2. They always want to hear what you have to say.
Because they know it will be funny, as usual. And so they are ready to hear you, the same way they are ready to laugh the moment you utter two words.
3. You can insult everyone and get away with it.
Because it’s you, you’re allowed to be irreverent. So you can call them mad, or stupid, or insane, and they will just laugh it off.
The Bad Side
4. Nobody takes you seriously.
And this can hurt a lot, especially when you’re really serious about what you want to say.
5. You always have an obligation to say something funny.
The show must go on. Even when you’re sad.
3. They find it hard to believe you’re unhappy.
So you cry in your room and come out to make them laugh away their own sorrow.
Always check on your funny friends, please.