If you have not heard any of these lines in a Nigerian church before then you have not been attending Nigerian churches. Say the truth and confess where you go to every Sunday.
1. “Brethren praisssssssseeeee the Lord”.
The usual opening statement. And don’t just say it, yell it. Scream it.
2. “That hallelujah cant be for my master Jesus”.
From the office of the designated assistant Jesus.
3. “Open your mouth and begin to pray”.
We don’t do prayers in the heart here. Open that mouth and shout out those prayer points fam.
4. “My testimony goes like this…”
And then you sit back to sit through 30 mins of an account of said testimony.
5. “If you are in the ushering department please wait after service”.
There’s always a meeting after service that will keep you hovering at the church premises for hours after service.
6. “Shout hallelujah 20 times.”
Don’t miss a single one, and make sure it’s exactly 20.
7. “Ha ha hallelujahhhhhhhh! Pra pra praise the Lord”. X 4
To be screamed please.