Fun fact: being short is like having other people constantly complain about how short you are. I mean, short people don’t complain about being short, but somehow the world won’t just let them be. Here are 10 annoying struggles short Nigerian girls can relate with;
1. Bad publicity.
Totally unprovoked every now and then Twitter just decides to drag short girls.
2. People just trying to form savage with you.
Talmabout, “How is the weather down there?” If you don’t geddifok.
3. High heels being a necessity even if they are painful.
We are literally walking around on mini ladders just to stay above eyesight.
4. People stating it like it’s an insult.
Which makes you wonder if they thought you were unaware of your height. Like did you think I thought it was a secret?
5. Trousers always being just a lirru too long.
Do manufacturers think EVERY woman comes in their preferred height or are they purposely just sending you to tailors to do cut and join work?
6. Top shelves *insert sigh here*.
The stool is not a prop fam, it’s a functional piece of furniture.
7. People constantly misreading your age.
Talmabout How are you preparing for Jamb?
8. People blocking your view in public places.
How am i supposed to see the stage when your 6ft tall self is standing right in front of me? Are you transparent fam?
9. Having to stand on your toes during kiss/make-out sessions.
So the make-out session can’t go any longer than 5 minutes because you are no ballerina.