If we check this thing well, we’ll see that a good percentage of Nigerian relationships are actually very well packaged situationships. You may not be ready to have that conversation but I came with receipts.
1. They are not your boyfriend/girlfriend but you are steady having relationship issues with them.
You are always in severe pains over somebody that you are technically not even dating.
2. What you have with them has no “label”.
You are both freestyling and running on pure vibes. No commitment or accountability.
3. There was actually no official asking out.
You just woke up one morning and found yourself in this situation with this person that gives you 30% joy and 70% headache.
4. They also share a special bond with at least 3 other people.
They are a national cake.
5. There is no anniversary because there was no official beginning.
You can’t exactly celebrate an event that did not happen fam.
6. They talk about you as a friend even if you both have been doing things friends don’t do.
We all know routine knacks do not come with the friendship package.
7. You lowkey feel friend-zoned by the person you are allegedly dating.
Your relationship status is on a tier above “It’s complicated”.
8. After all the emotional stress and drama they put you through on your birthday they type “HBD dear”.
With their full chest. And you can’t shout because they never said you are more than a “dear” to them.
If this piece was too relatable, here’s a guide to living your best life while single to add to whatever confusion you may be presently experiencing.