Dating a church member is another level of romance. Spiritual romance that you must hide and protect because once your secret is out, then you can never rest. Everyone will look at you differently, like: “Hmm. So this spiritual brother/sister can also date? Nawa o. The world is coming to an end.”
This list is for those who have ventured into that business.
1. Hiding the relationship so that people will not know.
Ah ah, no oh. How can we be dating ourselves inside the church? God forbid.
2. Both of you pretending you don’t relate in church.
“Good morning, Bro. Samuel.”
“Good morning, Sister Deborah.”
The whole church: Hmmm.
3. How everybody starts referring to you as husband and wife once the secret is out.
4. Or Pastor and Pastor Mrs.
Shebi you are the one that ordained us, abi? Your mouth will put you in trouble one day.
5. How they look at you suspiciously when they see you come out of each other’s room.
We perceive the odour of fornication. Have you allowed yourselves to be used by the devil?
6. When the unit leader says dating is a sin.
It’s you that know that one oh. As if we don’t that you are also dating somebody. Oga abeg, all of us na sinner.
7. How difficult it is to actually break up.
You cannot break up o. Because pastor and the whole church will enter the matter and intervene. What God has joined together, let no man put asunder. Breaking up is how divorce starts and they don’t want that for you.
NB: This list is not representative of all churches.