According to the National Bureau of Inaccurate Statistics, partners often tend to ghost on Valentine’s Day. A lot of people are often caught unawares, thereby leading to severe heartbreak. To prevent you from being caught unawares by an occurrence like this, we present to you 11 signs that will help you know if your partner is about to ghost you on Valentine’s Day.
1. They no longer pick on the first ring.
What are they doing that they cannot pick on the first ring? If you cannot read the deeper meaning in this gesture, then we are sorry for you oh.
2. They have started picking your call on the first ring.
This is a sign that you now irritate them and they want to be done with you as quick as possible. We hate to break it to you, but listen, you’re probably going to be alone this Valentine’s Day.
3. They have changed the colour of their love emoji.
What this means is that the romance has changed. Open your eyes and face the bitter truth of the matter!
4. They’ve reduced the number of emojis they use when they chat with you.
Reduction in emoji = reduction in intensity of affection. By the time Valentine comes, there will be nothing left.
5. They now call you by your government name.
This is a perfect way to say that you no longer mean something to them. Walahi talahi, you will be so ghosted on Valentine’s Day ehn.
6. They’ve started calling you affectionate pet names.
What happened to your government name? Hmm, they want to deceive you with sweet names so it can be easy to escape. Better don’t fall for that scam.
7. They’re asking you what you want for Valentine.
WHY?? Every reasonable partner knows that the secret ingredient of Valentine is surprise. This one they are asking you, we hope you know what it means?
8. They are not asking you what you want for Valentine.
Of course they have plans to go meet someone else. Alexa, play “Ghost Mode” by Phyno and Olamide.
9. They are eager to have sex with you.
With Valentine close by, it’s definitely one for the road sex. Don’t agree. If you do it, you’ll receive orgasm+ghosting. Ghostgasm.
10. They are not interested in having sex.
What other proof do you need that they are about to ghost?
11. They are excited about Valentine’s day.
Valentine that they have been celebrating since they were old enough to spell. Why are they still excited? Listen, it’s not the valentine that is making them excited, it’s the thought of ghosting you.
12. They are not excited about Valentine’s day.
Oh you poor baby, do we still have to spell out the obvious? YOUR PARTNER IS ABOUT TO GHOST YOU!
Help Zikoko keep making the content you love
More than ever, people are turning to Zikoko for stories that matter and content they love. But still, we, like many media organisations, are feeling the financial heat of these times. If you find us valuable, please make a contribution to help keep Zikoko zikoko-ing.
Thank you for your support.
We are also cool with Crypto.