Periods are like unwanted visitors that we actually want. If you see it, wahala, if you don’t see it double wahala (at least for us single folks). Every woman is a love/hate relationship with her period. Here are 10 dilemmas every Nigerian woman faces during her period;
1. When you can’t find it.
Small play I played like this and this people want to end my career.
2. When you eventually find it.
Thank you Jesus, that was close.
3. When it shows up unexpected.
I’ld like to speak to HR for women, femininity and menstruating affairs please.
4. When it messes with your plans.
What’s all this? Is it a crime to not be pregnant?
5. When it’s served with a sided of vicious cramps.
All this pain, is it really necessary mother nature?
6. When it lasts longer than it should.
What’s going on? Am I more woman than other women out there?
7. When it stains you in public.
8. When you first try tampons.
God abeg oh, this thing should not loss inside of me.
9. When you read all the silly myths people hold about periods.
Make it make sense please.
10. When you see someone who can accurately calculate their ovulation and safe period.
You are a genius. Can you do it for me now?
Meanwhile are working on petitioning mother nature to scrap periods and replace them with monthly texts updating us as to whether we are pregnant or not. Periods are too dramatic.
Drop a comment if you agree or send a mail if you have an interesting period story to share – Blessing@bigcabal.com