“Great loins and lionesses!”, if UNN graduates got a dollar for each time they were called that and expected to “roar” in return they wouldn’t have had to immediately go into the job market. Because they would be swimming in all the dollars they got.
That aside, here are 10 other things UNN graduates can relate to:
1. Walking through the Stadium at night and reciting Psalm 23 because the stadium becomes a literal shadow of death at night.
And you are with your phone and laptop because your smart ass had to go for nightclass.
2. When they postpone GS and CEDR again
You’ll be on your own diligently reading for the exam and the next thing you’ll see a message from the course rep in the Whatsapp group saying they have post opened the exam again. But your bag of rice and carton of noodles has already finished.
3. When your crush sees you at FOSSA Chitis.
You just quietly slip out through the other door before your ratings drop.
4. SUG election week and they keep adding you to WhatsApp groups and dropping motivational quotes.
Will you people just let me breathe?
5. All the parties every week at Kenan Lodge and Grace Manor.
Omo, enjoyment after enjoyment.
6. Blackout and water scarcity during exam period.
Right after the timetable is released. What exactly is the plan here?
7. The cyber cafe attendant when you come to photocopy 70 pages of a note a day before the exam.
Did you just remember you are a student? But of course they will still collect your money and do the job.
8. Spending 4 years at UNN but you still don’t know what SUB means.
Do you know?
9. Going for birthday photo-shoot at Apollos.
Because it’s in the constitution and you will not fall hands.
10. When the hostel portal has been open for 2 days and you still have not been allocated a bed space.
Why have you ou forsaken me Oh Lord? My mates are already buying wallpaper for their corners but I am still seeing “no bed space available”.
In the end nothing beats the day when the graduation list is released.
Are you currently studying in Nigeria or elsewhere and have a story to share about your life in school? Please take a minute to fill this form and we will reach out to you ASAP.