I’ve been invited to one too many baby showers in recent months and I’m astounded at how much these things cost. Why is a baby I’ve never met costing me so much money? Here are 8 reasons why baby showers need to be cancelled.
1. Baby things cost too much money.
Why am I buying baby equipment for 160k? In this economy?
2. Let the baby go and hustle and throw him/herself their own shower
They didn’t do shower for me, na me dey shower myself. Let them come and work for their own shower.
3. You don’t know if the baby will be bad vibes
What if I end up not getting along with this baby. I don’t want to spend all that money on a baby I’ll not like.
4. What if the baby doesn’t like the items?
Imagine buying 100k bassinette and the baby is not feeling it? Just ruined the poor baby’s swag.
5. What if the baby is named Agnes or Kingsley?
That’s clearly an adult who doesn’t need baby shower items. They need an adult shower.
6. Why can’t the baby shower before coming to the world?
I mean. We’re still in seperate worlds. Do your shower make I do my own.
7. Why are we throwing a party for a baby that has not come?
Shouldn’t we be doing this after we’ve even met the baby? Let them land first so I know if I like the baby.
8. Why are we throwing party for a baby that will stress you for the next 18 years??
The arrival of a baby means another responsibility for a minimum of the next 18 years of your life. Why are you celebrating?
Help Zikoko keep making the content you love
More than ever, people are turning to Zikoko for stories that matter and content they love. But still, we, like many media organisations, are feeling the financial heat of these times. If you find us valuable, please make a contribution to help keep Zikoko zikoko-ing.
Thank you for your support.
We are also cool with Crypto.