Having something to it eat between meals can be great especially when they are sweet edibles that can sustain you for a while. Plaintain chips, popcorn, sausage roll and more are some of the most popular food to snack on, but there are some unique local Nigerian snacks that are just as great–even better than […]
Leaving home for university can be fun until you get hit with the realization that you are really alone, even when you are actually never alone. Then it dawns on you that the stress of getting an education might not be worth it, particularly when you consider the adulting that it requires which includes, COOKING […]
Benin Republic is one of the closest to the sister from another mother that Nigeria has. Even though it’s official language is French and ours is English, there remains a strong connection that even the language barrier can’t break. The bond is so strong, even our culture, Pidgin English, and food are similar! Don’t believe […]
There I was, minding my damn business, watching television to catch up on the news I might have missed during the day when I heard, “Algae is used in medicine, food, body lotion…” You mean gutter water? Yes, biologist in the building, I know it’s an aquatic plant and yada yada but still-gutter water. How […]
Imagine being able to get Amala to eat 24/7.
We got you.
Designed by Felipe Pantone
If you buy an egg roll in Lagos traffic you deserve whatever comes to you as a result of your recklessness.
wherever you are
Zikoko amplifies African youth culture by curating and creating smart and joyful content for young Africans and the world.
Stories you love and more
Original Zikoko videos
Discover more of Zikoko here
- Naira Life
- NYSC Diary
- NYSC Diary Day 8: What Do You Do During A Man O’ War Drill?
- NYSC Diary Day 7: What Is SAED And Why Is It Pronounced ‘Saheed’?
- NYSC Diary Day 6: How Soon Is Too Early To Want To Leave Camp?
- NYSC Diary Day 5: What Did You Hear About Platoons?
- NYSC Diary Day 4: Camp, The Place Lectures Come Alive
- NYSC Diary Day 3: In Camp, You Meet People From Different Worlds
- NYSC Diary Day 2: Shame Dies In Camp
- NYSC Diary: What To Expect When You’re Posted To Borno