After 6 years, the Black Diamond is back with his sophomore album!
Six years ago, Wande Coal dropped his debut album ‘Mushin 2 Mohits’ which included the hits ‘Ololufe’, ‘Bumper2Bumper’, ‘You Bad’ (featuring D’banj) and more.
And while he’s stayed in the spotlight, releasing new music via his Black Diamond Entertainment label and featuring on other artists tracks, he’s kept his fans waiting on the follow up to ‘Mushin 2 Mohits’. But that all changed yesterday when the former Mo’ hits star dropped the highly anticipated album ‘Wanted’.
After one listen, we at Zikoko can’t get enough of this album and here are 7 reasons why you won’t be able to either:
1. The first single ‘Ashimapeyin’ released in July proved to be a certified banger!
While the video had a lot of celebrity faces, it’s the addictive beat produced by Sarz that has us hooked! And the ‘Mushin to Mohits’ star shows us he can work his magic again..
2. The second single ‘Same Shit’ featuring AKA is equally impressive.
The Da Beat Freakz-produced track and AKA’s flow are a killer combination.
3. Nigerian Twitter can’t get enough of the album!
4. The album includes production from Maleek Berry, Killa, DaBeatFreakz, Leriq, Major Bangz and more.
5. Track 6 on the album, ‘Monster’ produced by Legendury Beatz has quickly become a fan favourite!
6. The album includes hilarious skits and intros featuring Falz and Seyi Law making fun of the 6-year wait for ‘Wanted’.
On the skit, Falz discusses the rumour about Wande Coal serving Moin moin in an eatery in Mushin instead of releasing music.
While Seyi Law blames the power outages in Nigeria and Wande Coal’s blackness for the delay in the release of the album.
7. The 23-track album includes collaborations with Maleek Berry, Jimmie, 2face Idibia, Burna Boy, Wizkid, King Spesh and more.
Hit after hit after hit, Wande Coal’s album ‘Wanted’ proves it’s possible to create quality Nigerian music that the masses will love.