If you don’t already know, black tax is money you have to give to your family immediately that payday alert hits your phone. We know black tax is a plague from the devil as this guy knows all too well.
1. When you’re excited about your new salary then you realise that black tax is coming for its cut.
“Why do bad things happen to good people.”
2. When your salary hits your account after a long broke month but your Uncle Taju suddenly dies and you have to contribute money for his burial.
“So you could not wait until next month to die?”
3. When your younger siblings are all resuming school at the same time
“I can see that it is only my death that will satisfy you.”
4. Wanting to go on a vacation trip with your friends that month, but your mother needs money to start a new business.
“You guys go without me. I’m fine. I”ll join in via Zoom.”
5. When your account is on its last leg but gas in the house has finished
“Maybe we should make the switch to cooking with charcoal.”
6. When your mother suggests that you sow your entire salary for a month as seed in the church
“Mummy, if not that I respect you…”
7. When your younger sister starts calling you her favourite sibling in the whole wide world
“This smells fishy. What do you want?”
8. When you see your account balance after all your black tax obligations.
“Nothing left. Just tears and vibes.”
9. But seeing your family happy makes it all worth it
“If not that I love you guys.”
At the end of it all, it always seems like money is never enough. You’ll find the reasons why in 6 Valid Reasons It Seems We’ll Never Have Enough Money