Getting a job isn’t an easy for a lot of people.
And it’s caused by different factors: the job market isn’t robust, with so many looking for jobs and so few job spaces available; employers can’t find qualified people; etc.
So when a job applicant gets their foot in the company door and bags an interview, he/she needs to prepare for it right?
A collection of pictures was posted on Graduate Fasttrack’s Facebook page recently; and it shows hilarious hacks for job seekers.
1. Make sure to mention that you’ve volunteered for community service.
2. Beware, every question is a test question.
3. Productivity is your god.
4. Practice giving your undivided attention to each interviewer- all at the same time.
5. Show your confidence.
6. ‘Divide and conquer’ is operative here.
7. Show that you can do all things.
8. Make sure your social media accounts have nothing incriminating.
9. Let them know that you’re result driven.
10. Show that you can be ‘coded’ when the situation calls for it.
11. Show that you’ll bring something to the table.
12. Describe yourself creatively.
13. Stay positive.
14. You know that job’s for you. Let them know that.
15. Show that you’re good at leadership.
16. Turn the negatives in your favour.
17. Let them know that you’ll be cooking up new ideas on the constant.
18. Let them know that you’ll give your best –plus more.
19. Show them that you can think outside the box.
20. Let them know that it’s been written that you’ll get this job.
21. Let them know that you’re fuelled by results.
22. Don’t be shy to let them know where you see yourself in the future.
23. Make conversation with your interviews — to diffuse the tension (for your benefit).
24. Let them know that with you, there’s never a dull moment.
25. Yes you ‘Can’ (pun intended).
26. Make sure you know the interviewer’s name. Before the interview if possible.
Warning: We will not be held liable for unpredictable results. But if you’ve got the cojones and it works for you, don’t hesitate to share your testimony.