Remember growing up and thinking your dad was too serious with life and needed to relax and unwind just a little?
Well, if you can relate to one of these, you are slowly becoming like him. Don’t cry, don’t beg.
1) You are happy when you have money, quiet when you don’t.
Because money is the root of all happiness.
2) Your motto is that there is rice at home.
We don’t waste money in this house.
3) You no longer watch T.V if it’s not serious stuff.
We only watch the news and listen to stock market projections in this house.
4) Falling asleep in front of your laptop every night.
What is happening to me?
5) There is a special chair for you now because of adulthood back pain.
I can’t come and die.
6) Social life is nonexistent.
Going out, bad.
7) You turn off lights not in use because Nepa bill is expensive.
8) Noise frustrates you.
Silence, please. Rest in progress.
9) You can’t eat food with less than two pieces of beef.
Little pleasures in this world of sin.
If you are now like your Nigerian mum, you should read this.