In celebration of International Women’s Month, FairMoney Micro Finance Bank engaged the theme #BreakTheBias with a webinar prepared to support women to #BeYourOwnWoman. Four inspiring women Toyin Abraham, Mariam Bakre, Tosin Olaseinde & Anto Lecky took the stage to share their stories and motivate with their experiences as female entrepreneurs. Also, in contribution, FairMoney supported 3 women – Ann Eneyi, a serving Corps Member who owns a small drinks and beverage distribution business, Olufunmi Ehuwa, an indigenous online food vendor and Onyekachi Blessing Eze a ladies’ fashion wears seller, with small grants worth N100,000 each. These grants are aimed at supporting small businesses as well as encouraging personal development.
Here’s 5 things we learnt from the webinar:
- Be Focused: keep at what you do irrespective of the struggles, no real winner is a quitter. If you stay at it long enough you will reap the fruits of the work put in.
- Make the most of your resources, especially your small circle as you grow. You don’t necessarily need to know everyone before you make progress. Leverage your present circle and gradually it’ll expand. Rome wasn’t built in a day as we’ve all heard several times, this definitely applies to our daily lives and aspirations. Maximize your people resources.
- Little steps and progress count: You can’t be so hard on yourself and forget your little wins when in all honesty these are the wins that get you to 100. Enjoy your little wins and accept that at times you could miss a mark but that doesn’t mean failure really if you choose to learn from it.
- Don’t expect it to be easy cause nothing worthwhile is. This can’t be said enough, attaining your dreams will be hard. It will be stressful. You will feel like quitting but you can’t if you want to have the victors dance. Close your heart & ears to anything being easy and watch how you’ll mount above hurdles like the queen that you are.
- FairMoney Microfinance Bank got you all the way through your journey. It may sound like “audio” but trust that as a digital bank with strong offerings for the underbanked, FairMoney really is out to ensure every step of the way they’re able to support all their striving & of course thriving queens.
Get on FairMoney MFB to enjoy Fair Banking for all; Free Secure Debit Cards, 3% Discount on Airtime & Data Purchases, FairSave with 10% interest p.a, 100 Free Bank Transfers monthly, Quick and Easy Loans in 5mins, 0% interest on 15-day loans, best rates on deposits, and lots more!