Ask anyone studying at University of Benin to describe what their experience with the school is; you will hear a lot of things, but one word will be constant in the different variations – struggle. So, we decided to put some of these struggles into an article.
1. When Pharmacy students start their annual protest and block the gate again
These nuisances are at it again. Aren’t you people supposed to be busy?
2. When a fresher told you how they paid the cab #200 from the main gate to auditorium
Ah, Did they put a gun against your head?
3. When you see a fresher who thinks Hall4LawBasement is one-stop
Lmao. Could you be more obvious?
4. You, contemplating whether to stay or run after you heard an explosion
But that sounded like a gunshot o. Will I look stupid if I run?
5. When you hear a loud bang in your hostel in Ekosodin and hope it’s not the transformer
Ha! So I won’t see light again until I leave this school
6. You, walking casually then you hear “Guy show”
Not me and you.
7. When you avoid the road between hall 2 and hall 3 because of aro boys
8. When everyone suddenly remembers there are reading halls when it’s time for exams
Look at them forming serious students.
9. When you’re reading at the faculty and the safest place to keep your phone is inside your underwear
I can’t tell stories that touch abeg.
10. When you buy meat pie at faculty and see boiled yam inside
What is this nonsense?
11. Your single ass watching all the couples at Nadia Bakery
Someone cannot even find food again in peace.