Well, Jumia’s Black Friday event ended last Sunday, December 5, 2021, and to be honest, if you didn’t hear of the Big Deal or see the activities to commemorate the event, then sorry for you oooo! You must have been living under a rock.
Not to worry we have compiled everything you missed during the Big Deal season
- Return of The Naeto C: Every other month, someone wonders where Naeto C is and how he is doing. Well, according to the Jumia Black Friday TVC’s, he’s been busy planning how to give us the biggest and best deals powered by his 2008 hit single Kini Big Deal.
2. All The Gbam Deals: This is literal! Jumia had the biggest deals with products having discounts of up to 90%, free shipping, discounted deliveries, and many more. There were even opportunities to win vouchers worth thousands of naira and one-year Jumia prime subscription.
3. The Mishap Challenge: We have all fallen victims to our village people’s plans one time or the other and Jumia created an avenue for people to win while sharing their mishap stories. The conversation was everywhere and people had hilarious and relatable stories from their childhood and in some cases adulthood.
4. Twitter Spaces Takeover: Before the Mishap Challenge started, Jumia held a Twitter Space hosted by none other than the Legal Juggernaut aka Idan aka Oluaye Shawarma, Ajibola Grey. The room was chaotic with people sharing their wildest mishaps stroies.
5. WhatsTheBigDealchallenge: Who doesn’t love a good TikTok Challenge? The Black Friday event gave us one of the coolest dance challenges ever with the GGB girls dancing to Naeto C’s Kini Big Deal. All you have to do is search for the hashtag on TikTok, to see all the amazing and hilarious versions of the challenge.
6. The Big Brands Came To Play: This year’s challenge was unique because big brands like Adidas, umidigi, Binatone, oraimo, partnered with Jumia to ensure that Nigerians got the biggest deals for next to nothing!!!
7. The Hunt: Jumia’s treasure hunt has now hit a legendary status with many people taking part in the Black Friday sales, just for the big hunt. This year Jumia blessed us with not just one, but multiple hunts for the newly released iPhone 13, a PS5, iPhone 12, and many vouchers worth hundreds of thousands of naira. This was besides the flash sales held 3 times every other day and the wheel of fortune that took place on Facebook every week
If you missed any of this, I don’t know what to tell you. You should probably just take a chance on Jumia’s December Sales. Yes, they are giving us back to back!