You might know that Tosyn Bucknor is an OAP. You might even know that she works at Top Radio 90.9. You might know her full name is Oluwatosin Abisona Bucknor, and that her nickname is the ‘Area Boss’.
But we’re certain that we can still surprise you. We bet you, you didn’t know that:
1. She wanted to be an actress, singer and writer, before she stumbled into her career in radio.
Tosyn has written scripts for shows like Amstel Malta Box-office and The Apprentice Africa. But she did become a singer. Her stage name is ‘Contradiction’ and she has worked with artistes such as Skales, Rooftop MCs and Eva; and producers like Coldflames and Cobhams.
2. She was a Law student; she even went to Law School!
She studied Law at the University of Lagos and Lagos Law School.
3. She is the only female radio presenter in Nigeria who handles a morning show by herself…
…even though her radio career almost ended prematurely because she was always giggling on air.
4. She isn’t just an OAP, she’s also a vlogger and blogger
5. She was born in a taxi while her mum was on her way to a friend’s place
Haha! Everyone has a thing.
6. She has sickle cell anaemia…
…but that has never slowed her down. Instead, she uses it to inspire! She started the ‘These Genes Project’ to help people with the disorder.
7. Three weeks ago, she got engaged to her boyfriend, French man, Aurélien Boyer aka YoruFrench
Look at the ring though!
8. Tosyn is the mastermind behind One Mic Naija
…and every edition of it has been a success. There are about 8!
9. She runs a podcast called “The Tosyn Bucknor Show”
You can listen here.
10. Her sister is Funke Bucknor-Obruthe, the CEO of Zapphire
Look at how adorable they look together. I can see a slight resemblance. Can’t you?
11. Well, Now to Tosyn’s Fashion Style. She’s a fashion junkie.
She can go girly..
She can go tomboy.
She does her own hair.
Last one, I promise.
Not many people can pull that off. But she can. Because she looks good in everything
I seriously enjoyed writing this post because Tosyn is one of the most inspiring people in Nigeria. I hope you had as much fun reading, and don’t forget to share!