Welcome to this masterclass. Please take a seat and listen attentively. Here are a few tips to use to beat Nigerian men at their own game.
1) Tell the person not to call you by a formal title.
Emphasize that they call you by your first name because we are all “adults” here.
2) Deny your wife and kids.
Raise your voice and look hurt if it’s ever insinuated that you’re married.
3) If you don’t deny your family, deflect every time the subject comes up.
Special use: “It’s complicated. Can we talk about something else? Thinking about it makes me sad.”
4) Sprinkle “I love you” in the conversation every 10 minutes.
Go big or go home.
5) Declare your love interest greater than any other commitment you have in life.
Especially greater than the one you made to your family. Ready to risk it all beb.
6) Say you wish you met her before meeting your wife.
Make sure you swear by whatever you believe in.
7) If all fails, beg and guilt trip.
Example: “Is it a crime that I love you so much? Is it is a crime that I can’t control my feelings for you? And I even prayed about it.”