These days, going out to eat at a restaurant costs an arm and a leg. Small pasta and drinks with your friends, and you’re already hearing ₦30k. Let’s help you save money with this super tasty creamy pasta recipe.
Ingredients you need for 3 – 4 servings:
- 1 pack of pasta
- 2 sachets of tomato paste
- Blended peppers
- 2 bulbs of onion: 1 to be blended with the pepper and the other to be sliced
- Chicken breast
- Sausages (optional)
- Unsalted butter
- Liquid milk
- 2-3 tablespoons of chilli pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons of Cameroon pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder
- 1 tablespoon of dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of ginger powder
- Salt and seasoning cubes
- A small handful of chopped basil leaves (totally optional)
- First things first, parboil your spaghetti for 10 minutes and set it aside. Try not to eat raw strands of spaghetti while you’re at it.
- Boil your chicken breast with spices — salt, seasoning cubes, curry, garlic, ginger, thyme and peppers. Make sure it’s well seasoned so the taste can get inside the bits of chicken.
- Steam your blended peppers and onions till the water in it is drier than those Instagram comedians’ skits.
- While your pepper steams, make the cream. First, melt the butter in a saucepan and add your liquid milk. Mix in a food processor or blender until the cream gets thick and frothy. Set it aside.
- Now that your peppers are steamed, add oil and fry with onions and tomato paste.
- After a few minutes, add your sausages and chicken breasts to cook with the mix.
- By now, you should’ve noticed the thickness of the sauce, but it’s about to be thicker, like cold akamu. Add the chicken stock and taste.
- If you like what you taste, add your cream and stir. Taste and spice as the ancestors lead you.
- After a few minutes, add your parboiled spaghetti and allow to cook. Body go tell you when e don done.
Now, think twice before you go and spend thousands of naira in a restaurant without parking space because there’s creamy pasta at home.
Since we’re talking pasta, here’s another spaghetti recipe.