1) Garri Cake
This was made by mixing powdered milk and garri in cold water, soaking the mixture in just enough cold water for it to swell and solidify. For extra flavour, people tossed groundnuts into the mixture. Sure, it was strong as shit and made people constipated, but it was delicious.
2) Homemade Chocolate Bars
This creation almost put Willy Wonka out of business. It was made in 2 ways:
- Putting milo/bournvita in a paper and placing something heavy on it for days until it congealed.
- Putting milo/bournvita in a paper and ironing it till it became choco milo-like.
3) Concoction spaghetti made with with a boiling ring.
Because of the insanely volatile nature of boiling rings, it’s safe to say that boarding school students basically risked their lives just to eat something that wasn’t the school’s kitchen food.
4) Cold water eba with Geisha tomato sauce as soup.
Coming from someone who did this when things were hard in boarding school (me), this thing is VILE. You don’t know true horror until you’ve spent a few hours releasing raw tomato-flavoured burps into the world.
5) Making toast bread with an iron.
It will always kill me that people somehow made toast with agege bread.