1) When you realize that you’re going to have an extra year, you will want to die.
2) Your sorrow will intensify if the course(s) you failed are courses you have no chance of actually understanding.
Because you know your brain.
3) This is you watching your classmates graduate and leave you behind.
Just smile and wave.
4) You’ll eventually find other people who also have an extra year and you’ll be like:
I’m not alone! GROUP HUG!!
5) If you lived in the hostel in previous years, you will stay in town to avoid people.
I don’t know anybody there abeg.
6) This is you laying low anytime you go to school so you won’t have to explain to anyone why you’re still around.
*cue Mission Impossible theme song*
7) But every single time you step foot on campus, you will run into EVERYBODY you’ve ever known.
HOW DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING?!
8) And every time this happens and you explain, they’ll be like, “Eeyah! Sorry! Take heart. All is not lost.”
I just have an extra year. I didn’t lose a loved one.
9) This is you picking easy elective courses so your GPA won’t crash.
I must not graduate with Certificate of Attendance.
10) This is you when your exams are coming and you still don’t know shit.
11) You will briefly consider paying someone to write your exams for you.
But you remember that it’s immediate expulsion if you’re caught so you remove your mind from there.
12) You’ll write the exam and commit everything to God.
ABBA FATHER! DO NOT FORSAKE ME!!
13) Then the worst part of everything will begin. Waiting for your result to come out.
High blood pressure will almost kill you.
14) This is you when your results come out and you pass.
MAMA I MADE IT! IMMA GRADUATE!!!
15) Unless your story ends differently and you fail again.
That’s a story for another day.
What’s up, Zikoko Fam? It would mean the world to us if you spared a few minutes to fill this Reader Survey. It’s so we can bring you the content you really want!