The idea of a blind date sounds exciting, but nobody really knows what they’re getting themselves into. It can go rather well or horribly wrong.
Let’s tell you a short story. One you probably know too well.
1. You are on your lane when your friends decide to set you up on a date
You people don’t have work abi?
2. At first you are like
3. But they are relentless, so you give in
Ugh. Let me live.
4. Then you were even like what’s the worst that could happen?
There’s nothing new under the sun.
5. You and your date agree on a day, location and time
God, don’t make me regret this.
6. When you get to the location before your date
This is definitely not off to a great start.
7. You, after a waiter comes to take your order for the third time but your date hasn’t arrived
Have I been stood up? God please.
8. When they eventually arrive and they look nothing like the picture you saw
What’s all this?
9. When you go in for a brief hug, but they hold on tightly to you
Oh, my God. Take it easy na.
10. You, waiting for one of you to break the ice
Say something. Say something.
11. When you finally start talking and all they talk about is themselves
Hello! I’m here too
12. And you are forced to laugh at their dry jokes
Ha. Ha. Ha. Let’s end this please.
13. And they bring their ex into the conversation for no reason
Ah, this one is on the rebound oh.
14. You, thinking of a way to end the date
This is not the worst I planned for, abeg.
15. When you’re leaving and you bump into your ex on the way out
I should have stayed in my house.