You probably don’t like the tone of our voice, but we need to have this conversation. Also, you should know that this post was inspired by a true-life story a Nigerian mum sent to us.
1. Your boss knows exactly how to reach you on a weekend and ask you to come to work
There’s no rest for the wicked. Your phone makes sure of that.
2. Your phone is a daily confirmation that no one likes you
Remember the times you open your WhatsApp after being offline for hours and you find out that the only text you have is a BC from your mum. Well, I guess that counts too.
3. Your phone is the only thing standing between you and your life goals
You promise to spend two hours on your phone before you move on to more important things. But by the time you become aware of yourself again, the moon has come out to play.
4. You would rather hang out with your phone than actual people
We know you think that people are overrated and all, but still…
5. You don’t mind spending all your money on data
It’s time to admit that you’re a junkie. And you know, maybe get help too.
6. You forget to do anything that’s not logged on your phone
If it’s not on your phone, it doesn’t exist, right? Well, you know what happens on the days you forget to set your alarm. Is that really how you want to live?