Granted, a lot of us were super impressionable at the time — peer pressure was no respecter of person — but I still don’t understand how Nigerian men collectively let these atrocious looks fly?
1. Those infamous spinning dollar belt buckles:
You had to spin it before entering a room.
2. Those painfully tacky LED belts:
It was the ultimate swag that time sha.
3. Studded belts. *Holds in vomit*
4. That time there were more Ama Kip Kip shirts in Nigeria than actual Nigerians.
Kai! They were EVERYWHERE.
5. See ehn, if you ever owned this shirt, only God can adequately judge you.
6. Remember when everyone was wearing Ed Hardy?
Still gives me nightmares.
7. Those G Unit singlets that Ice Prince never let rest.
Did he have a contract with them, abi what?
8. Satan clearly invented harem pants. You can’t tell me otherwise.
They were just the ugliest things.
9. Let’s not even talk about carrot jeans.
10. SUPRA, you will not be missed.
Reminds us of those extra-skinny jeans days.
11. These scarves paired with ridiculously tight white shirts.
I’m shaking just remembering it.
12. NOPE! NAH! JUST NO!
13. Kanye has committed many sins, but this one is still top 3.
14. All those N200 Jesus pieces where the ‘Jesus’ will be looking like Ayuba.
They did not try.
15. Nigerian babes would ALWAYS find a way to obtain your shambala.
In retrospect, they were probably doing you a favour.