Old Nollywood really created the playbook for the typical evil, vindictive mother-in-law. If you need some pointers on how to make your son’s wife miserable, look no further.
1. You must disapprove of your son’s marriage for no sensible reason.
Your son’s wife is not up to par, and she needs to know it.
2. Start asking for grandchildren 3 months into the marriage.
Why is her stomach not popping already? Time to start looking for a second wife.
3. Move into their house without asking for permission.
Is it not your son’s house? Which nonsense permission?
4. Start calling her barren if she hasn’t already given birth after a year.
1 year and no child? God forbid. Her womb must have scattered from all her abortions.
5. Complain if she finally gives birth, but it’s not a boy.
A girl child? To use and do what?
6. Bring another wife for your son from the village.
That village girl is the one that will bring you the sons you need.
7. How you look at her whenever she greets you:
Why is she using her useless mouth to greet you? See rubbish.
8. Be sure to make her cry at least once a day.
If she is feeling too comfortable in your son’s house, are you doing your job?
9. Anything bad that happens to your child is obviously her fault.
She has used her womb to tie your child’s destiny.
10. After she cooks, take the new wife to the kitchen to cook for your son.
Pour away her barren woman food and let the new wife cook something nice.
11. Be a witch and hold their destiny:
Hold her womb and her progress inside your calabash.
12. Confess on your death bed and ask for forgiveness.
Make sure you apologise right before you die, so you don’t have to face the consequences.