Selecting a picture for your Instagram feed is hard. But you know what’s harder? Picking the right caption to go along with it. To make it easier to stunt on your fantasy haters, we’ve compiled some lyrics from Nigerian songs that also double as badass Instagram captions.
1. Ayra Starr – “This bad bitch bad every day.”, Bloody Samaritan
It’s not easy being one of the biggest pop stars on the continent, and Ayra Starr knows this. On the standout track from her debut album, 19 & Dangerous, she reminds us that being a bad bitch is a full-time job.
2. Olamide – “Ma lo fe broke niggas, fight for your life.”, Rock
This caption works for two types of people: people with rich boyfriends asking everyone else to step up, and rich boyfriends reminding everyone else that they’re poor as shit. If you are publicly broke or dating a broke man, please refrain from using this.
3. Buju – “I’ve never stopped in my life so tell me why would I stop now?”, Never Stopped
This caption works when you’ve just gotten a big win and want to announce it to your followers. It’s basically a calmer way of reminding everyone that you’ve always been (and will always be) a bad bitch. Periodt!
4. Bella Shmurda – “Ice on my neck. Ice on my wrist.”, Cash App
This caption works at the end of the month when it’s salary week and you’re rich AF!
5. Tems – “Don’t call my phone you’re not a madman.”, Damages
Channel your inner Temilade and remind that guy that you’ve stepped up. As a Nigerian man, he’ll probably still call you, but at least you’ve warned him sha.COMPONENT NOT FOUND: newsletter-block
6. Davido – “Love is sweet o! When money enter love is sweeter.”, Assurance
If there’s one thing Davido will do, it’s give us mysterious lyrics of wisdom. From seeing people’s waists in their eyes to “shuku shaker, aya shoemaker”, Shakespeare no do pass Davido. This caption works for when you’re at an expensive restaurant doing “his view, my view.”
7. Rema – “My body sweet pass hot eba.”, Lady
We had to alter the lyrics to this song because Amaka can’t be the only banging babe in town. This post works whenever you feel like the shit! Leaving the gym, going out for a night out in the town or just launching a new fit, best believe hot eba has nothing on you.
8. Wizkid – “Lagos today, London tomorrow.”, Jaiye Jaiye
This is for team #CatchingFlightsNotFeelings. Get into it.
9. Ladipoe – “Life gettin’ sweeter, no use water dilute my Ribena.”, Feeling
Every line on Feeling could work as an Instagram caption, but for some reason, this is our favorite. When you really think about it, there’s nothing sweeter than undiluted Ribena.
10. Tiwa Savage – “I no come this life to suffer.”, Koroba
When Ms. Kele Kele said this line, we all felt it in our souls. This caption works every time you decide to spend your last cash on enjoyment. Last last, this life is just one, so buy that Shawarma with double sausages today.
Don’t say we didn’t do anything for you.