There is a clear difference in how a Nigerian man deals with a relationship he’s actually interested in and one he’s just in for inconsequential reasons. If you don’t know how to discern these signs, this might be a good place to start.
1. You know all his side pieces, so you know where he is on nights he isn’t with you
A what? A transparent king.
2. He buys the same gifts for you and his wife
Because obviously, you mean the world to him too.
3. Or he asks you to pick his wife’s gifts
Why are you even together if he doesn’t trust your taste?
4. He invites you to his kids’ birthday parties and other family events
And his kids call you “Aunty”
5. And while you may not get the Christmas and New Year holidays, you get the next best ones
You get Workers Day and Independence Day, at least.. You’re not the only side piece, remember?
6. When you’re in his house and his wife returns home earlier than usual, he doesn’t let you hide in the closet or sneak out
The fact that he is ready to face the situation and think of a way out is a big testament to how much he cares about you.
Help Zikoko keep making the content you love
More than ever, people are turning to Zikoko for stories that matter and content they love. But still, we, like many media organisations, are feeling the financial heat of these times. If you find us valuable, please make a contribution to help keep Zikoko zikoko-ing.
Thank you for your support.
We are also cool with Crypto.