You might not be able to explain why eba tastes better when you eat it with your hands, but you know in your heart that it’s true. We’ve gathered 10 more unofficial facts like that one, and we know every Nigerian will agree with them.
1. Swallow tastes better when you eat it with your hands.
Keep that fork away from me.
2. Jollof rice always tastes better the next day.
We know patience is not a Nigerian trait, but just wait small.
3. You’re never too full to eat your meat.
There is always space in your stomach.
4. Akara tastes better when wrapped in newspaper.
Is it sanitary? No. Is it more delicious? Yes.
5. Suya tastes better when you eat it by yourself.
Once someone eats out of it, the flavour drops.
6. The small packs of Indomie taste better than the big ones.
They don’t taste the same. Don’t argue.
7. Burial rice tastes better than wedding rice.
Grief is a surprisingly good seasoning.
8. Meat tastes better when you steal it right from the pot.
The fear of getting caught enhances the flavour.
9. Moin moin tastes better when made with leaves.
Every other method is irrelevant.
10. Pounded yam tastes better when someone else does the pounding.
Especially if they sweat inside it small. Don’t @ us.
11. Rice tastes better when you eat it with a spoon.
We will use a fork in public, but we know the truth.